Monday 15 January 2007

Birthday...

Well, it's my birthday today and Mrs Stodge and I had a trip out to the Science Museum to visit the "Game On" interactive exhibition.

It was back to the days of my misspent youth with games of Space Invaders, Galaxians and Pac-Man. I scored 3,060 on Space Invaders - even after 25 years, I've still got it, whatver "it" is!!

The newer games had less appeal though I enjoyed playing Out Run 2 - my all time favourite driving game as it was c.1994. At the end, we had tickets to use Wii. Yes, Mrs Stodge and I indulged in a friendly game of tennis at the Wii demo. I can see why it's so attractive - it's addictive and a lot of fun. Mrs Stodge now wants one of course....

From there, we travelled to the redeveloped Brunswick Shopping Centre at Russell Square. This was a dreadful estate a few years ago but has been transformed into an upmarket shopping area. The old flats are still there but the new area caters for office workers and students, who clearly have far more disposable income than I had twenty-five years ago when I could play three rounds of Space Invaders, have a couple of pints of cider and still have change from a quid.

You tell taht to the youth of today and they don't believe you....

No comments: